Make Your Contribution

I am running to raise money for The Wounded Warrior Project.  This foundation provides direct services to veterans and active military, aiding those wounded in the line of duty.  You can make a contribution here or by clicking the image to the left.  Every little bit helps me reach my fundraising goal.  Please post a note on the Sponsorship Page, letting me know you donated.  Thank you for your contribution.

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Stepping Up The Strength Training

Feeling a bit stronger while doing my sit-ups, I decided to push until I got tired.  I ended up doing 125 sit-ups, instead of just 100.  This made me think that maybe I should ramp up all of my exercises too.  I am learning the line between overdoing it and pushing it every time do a good hard workout.  I have also noticed each exercise gets easier after warming up the muscles with low reps.  I may just start doing a warm up set and then try pushing higher reps for the other two sets.  I still have to do more research on weight training, but it is also important to pay attention to what works for me while exercising.

Today I did the following:
  • 125 sit-ups
  • 50 push-ups with my feet elevated 18"
  • 30, 40, and 55 rep curls with 20lb weights, at a fast pace
  • 10, 15, and 25 rep lunges with 20lb weights in each hand, and one foot on a chair behind me
  • 10, 15, and 25 reps of lateral dumbbell raises for my shoulders

No comments:

Post a Comment