Make Your Contribution

I am running to raise money for The Wounded Warrior Project.  This foundation provides direct services to veterans and active military, aiding those wounded in the line of duty.  You can make a contribution here or by clicking the image to the left.  Every little bit helps me reach my fundraising goal.  Please post a note on the Sponsorship Page, letting me know you donated.  Thank you for your contribution.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Short Test Drive

I decided to break out the new shoes I bought a week ago, since I can't return them anymore.  I bought a pair of the Vibram Five Finger Bilkila running shoes, and was wearing them around the house for a week to be sure they were a good fit.  When my feet hit the pavement, I loved these shoes instantly.  My feet feel great when striking, where as the tread on the VFF KSO Trek pair began to annoy and irritate my feet when running on pavement. There is a thick layer of tread, designed for paved surfaces, that adds cushion.  I ran with Injinji socks, so that may have added additional cushion effect as well.  Either way, my feet felt great in these shoes.  I had no foot pain at all.  I am very glad I made this purchase.  I love my KSO Trek pair, but I will keep them for trail running and around town wear.
It was pretty late at night when I did the run, and I could really feel it one mile in.  I cut the run short at two miles, because I was so sleepy.  I need to make sure that I run right when I get home from work at 8:30pm or start running early in the morning, like normal people do.

No comments:

Post a Comment