Make Your Contribution

I am running to raise money for The Wounded Warrior Project.  This foundation provides direct services to veterans and active military, aiding those wounded in the line of duty.  You can make a contribution here or by clicking the image to the left.  Every little bit helps me reach my fundraising goal.  Please post a note on the Sponsorship Page, letting me know you donated.  Thank you for your contribution.

Thursday, October 07, 2010

Four Mile Warm Up

I thought I should run tonight, as a warm up for the race on Sunday.  I haven't been running for 1.5 weeks, due to pain in my Achilles tendon.

I also wanted to see what it was like to run with a 1.5L generic Camel Back.  I did a mile in my neighborhood, and stopped to drop off the pack.  It was annoying the way the water was swishing around with each step.  The weight of the bag didn't bother me, but I'm sure it would have halfway through the race.  Of course, by then half the water would have been gone.  I decided to not wear it because there will be water stations, and I don't want it in the way during the obstacles.

I just did a four mile run, and I ditched the Camel Back at a friends house after the first mile.  I will not be bringing it with me for the race.  It flopped around too much and felt constricting.  As for the Achillies tendon, it started to ache a little bit; however, I suspect this was from inactivity, not from damage.  I did another ice water soak for the tendon and my overall foot health.  I also took a dose of ibuprofen to help with any swelling in my feet from the run.  I'm feeling pretty good about the shape I'm in for the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment