Make Your Contribution

I am running to raise money for The Wounded Warrior Project.  This foundation provides direct services to veterans and active military, aiding those wounded in the line of duty.  You can make a contribution here or by clicking the image to the left.  Every little bit helps me reach my fundraising goal.  Please post a note on the Sponsorship Page, letting me know you donated.  Thank you for your contribution.

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Back In The Game

Feeling like I have slacked off in my training, I attacked my strength training workout with greater intensity.  I pushed harder than I have recently, and it felt good to surpass my previous workout level.  This is helping mentally too, which is important as race day approaches.  I need to have the right attitude as I run the race, to keep me moving when my body wants to stop.

I also weighed myself today. 172lbs and 8% body fat.  I'm happy with my current progress, as I only weighed 160lbs when I started training.  I don't want to stay at this weight at all, so I'm going to keep up the training after the race.

Today I did the following:
  • 20, 25, and 30 reps of push-ups with feet elevated18" 
  • 20, 20, and 30 reps bicep curls with 20lb weights, at a slow pace
  • 15 20 and 25 reps of lateral dumbbell raises with 20lb weights instead of overhead dumbbell press, I alternate between these 
  • 40, 60, and 100 reps of sit-ups

No comments:

Post a Comment